ITIL®v3 Lifecycle: Service Transition eLearning Course
£495.00 (Excl. VAT)
An annual license to study with Fox IT’s accredited ITILv3 Lifecycle: Service Transition course on the FoxLEARN training platform (includes exam)
In accordance with the ITIL® Service Transition course syllabus, this ITIL Lifecycle Service Transition course provides a complete management level overview of the various aspects of service transition; including the managerial concepts and core information on the processes, roles, activities and techniques required to facilitate control within the service transition stage of the service lifecycle. It also prepares students for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Lifecycle Service Transition (2011 edition).
This course includes the exam for professional qualification.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the service transition stage of the service lifecycle and is particularly suited for those who are involved in service transition environs, whether that is ongoing management, coordination and integration of transition activities or those who need to understand how service transition (as a lifecycle stage) needs to be implemented to ensure superior quality in the provision and support if IT services to their customers. It offers a natural career development path for those who already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate.
The purpose of the service transition course is to enable delegates to fully understand ITIL® transition concepts and terminology, how the transition activities are controlled and coordinated in order to ensure that new, modified or retired services meet the expectations of the business (as documented in the service strategy and service design stages of the lifecycle):
- Plan and manage service changes efficiently and effectively
- Manage risks relating to new, changed or retired services
- Successfully deploy service releases into supported environments
- Set correct expectations on the performance and use of new or changed services
- Ensure that service changes create the expected business value
- Provide good quality knowledge and information about services and service assets
- Service transition roles and responsibilities
- Prepares delegates for the ITIL lifecycle examination in service transition (2011 edition).
The format for the exam paper is 8 scenario-based multiple-choice questions. They are gradient scored questions with one answer is worth 5 marks, the next best 3 marks, then 1 mark and a distracter that achieves no marks. It is a supervised, closed-book exam – the duration of which is a maximum of 90 minutes. Successful candidates will be awarded 3 credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.