PRINCE2® Agile Foundation Training Course
£0.00 (Excl. VAT)
A scheduled public course delivered by our accredited PRINCE2 Agile trainers with full PRINCE2 Agile Foundation material.
This PRINCE2® Agile Foundation training course provides students with an understanding of the key concepts, principles, themes, processes and stages of PRINCE2 project management blended with the family of Agile frameworks, behaviours and techniques for actual delivery. It also prepares delegates for the PRINCE2 Agile Foundation Certificate Examination. This project management course uses the best practice approach from AXELOS.
This course includes the exam for professional qualification.
Who should attend
- Individuals who have an understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology but wish to learn about Agile methods and techniques and how these relate to PRINCE2.
- Individuals know some Agile methods but require a basic understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology, structure and key concepts.
- Individuals who need a basic understanding of both PRINCE2 project management and Agile delivery methods, including how they are blended together
- Managers, team leaders or other professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted PRINCE2 and/or Agile methods, and need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to one or more projects or a larger programme
- Enables delegates to understand the concept of a project, and to comprehend and explain the concept and characteristics of a project, including the key aspects of project performance (the ‘hexagon’)
- To help the candidate to understand the 7 principles of PRINCE2, and their application within an Agile context:
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
- To help the candidate to understand the 7 themes (aspects addressed continually) and how they might be tailored within an Agile situation
- Business Case theme
- Organization theme
- Quality theme
- Plans theme
- Risk theme
- Change theme
- Progress theme
- To help the candidate to understand the 7 PRINCE2 process and how they can be customised in an Agile setting
- Starting up a Project process
- Directing a Project process
- Initiating a Project process
- Managing a Stage Boundary process
- Controlling a Stage process
- Managing Product Delivery process
- Closing a Project process
- To help the candidate understand particular frameworks, methods and techniques:
- Scrum methods, events and artefacts
- Kanban visualisation
- Estimating techniques
- To give an understanding of the Agile Focus Areas:
- The Agilometer
- Rich Communication
- Frequent Releases
- Prepares delegates for the PRINCE2 Agile Foundation examination
The PRINCE2 Agile Foundation Certificate, which is a pre-requisite for the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner course. The format for the exam paper is 50 multiple-choice questions. It is a supervised, closed-book exam – the duration of which is a maximum of 60 minutes if taken in the delegate’s native language.